Launched 5 February 2018, yen-denominated TOPIX futures offer global investors an additional product to capture benchmark Japanese equity exposure and enhance CME’s suite of broad-based equity index futures.
The Tokyo Stock Price Index (TOPIX) is a free-float adjusted market capitalization-weighted index that is calculated based on all domestic common stocks listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE) First Section. TOPIX reflects the measure of current market capitalization and is used as a benchmark for investment in Japanese stocks.
- Access to the broader Japanese stock market in a single trade
- Around-the-clock electronic trading
- Execution flexibility with Basis Trade at Index Close (BTIC) capability on CME Globex
- Counterparty risk mitigation through CME Clearing
- Capital efficiency through margin offsets of up to 70% against other equity index futures
If you would like further information, please contact CME Group firstname.lastname@example.org.