G. H. Financials fully participated in FFK Day 2016.
All of G. H. Financials offices in London, Chicago and Hong Kong participated in a dress down day, and each office raised money for the charity on the day, accompanied by a corporate contribution by G. H. Financials.
Futures for Kids was setup in 2008 by a group of people within the futures industry with the aim of raising money from the futures/derivatives industry for Children’s charities around the world. Since then the charity has raised over £2.25 million and aims to raise significantly more with the industry’s support in the future.
Futures for Kids currently supports the following Children’s charities:
- Educaid - EducAid believes that education is the foundation for stable development. By giving the young people of Sierra Leone an education the charity offers them the chance to achieve personal improvement and social and economic well-being.
- EveryChild - EveryChild works throughout Africa and Asia to give children the childhood they deserve. Through development projects and working alongside local partners, the charity endeavours to keep families together, reducing the risk of dangers that children would face if they were alone.
- Demelza- Demelza is a children’s hospice named after the founding husband and wife’s daughter who sadly died at the age of 24. Demelza herself worked at a children’s hospice and after being touched by the support and ability to improve a terminally ill child’s quality of life, her parents set up their own hospice which in turn could offer support and a non-judgemental service of excellence to young people with life threatening conditions, and to their families.
- Fairbridge - The Fairbridge Programme is aimed at underprivileged young people aged 15 – 25 to help them overcome various issues in their lives and engage with society by equipping them with personal and social skills needed to put them back on track to a more positive outcome.
- Hope HIV- HopeHIV is a small charity with big ideas. Many communities in Africa are bearing the weight of poverty and AIDS, and as a result children are growing up without parents to raise and protect them. Despite this, many demonstrate spirit, resilience and potential. With this in mind, HopeHIV aims to give these young people the support and opportunity needed to help them change the future of Africa for the better.
- Hi Cap - Hi Cap provides support to children and families in Nepal and the Himalayan Mountains. As well as providing medical and housing support, the charity works to educate children in remote areas.
- Kids in Kathmandu - Kids in Kathmandu aim is to support orphaned children by providing them with the necessities for daily living and advance their learning and development by offering them the facilities, activities and educational opportunities.
- Variety - Variety – The Children’s Charity – supports children in the UK who are coping with sickness, disability and disadvantage by providing practical, noticeable help that makes an immediate difference to both the children and their families.
- Whizz Kidz - Whizz-Kidz, as well as, providing disabled children with wheelchairs and other mobility solutions, offers wheelchair skills training, work experience, holds youth groups and residential camps. This ensures the children benefitting from the charity are able to live a fun and dynamic lifestyle.
Supporting Futures for Kids
If you would like to join G. H. Financials in supporting Futures for Kids – you can donate directly to the charity online at: www.justgiving.com/futuresforkids/.
You can find more information about Futures for Kids and the charitable work that they do on their website - www.futuresforkids.org.uk.
If you would like to find out more about this, please contact email@example.com